Sunday, December 16, 2007

Can you say Day From Hell?

I can.

Damn, I thought this was going to be a good one. Hanna slept until 8:30a for like the first time ever. But it all went downhill from there.

She has literally been crying or screaming since then. I don't know what to do with her. I talk to her, hold her, comfort her, try to get her to tell me what the problems is and then get what she wants, and still screaming sceaming screaming. This isn't a little whiny scream. This is full fledged spirited toddler, purple baby screaming.

I can finally get her calmed down and then bam ~ two minutes later it all starts over again.

She is tormenting the dog ~ of course it's the one that doesn't really like her. So I put the dog outside to keep him from snapping at her. Then she gets mad and screams because the dog isn't inside. I try to put the dog upstairs so she can't get to him, and she stands at the gate screaming.

The dog finally was allowed to just hang out in the living room with us all, and he finally lost his temper and snapped at her. Didn't touch her, but that completely freaked her out and led to much louder longer screaming.

She fell asleep for a nap at a normal time, of course laying on top of me. As soon as I got up to put her in bed she woke up and that was the end of anything looking like a nap. :( I know she is tired, she can barely keep her eyes open, but she just won't do it. She won't allow herself to fall asleep.

Then I get a well meaning comment on a blog post that I just need to keep her on a schedule. Kids love schedules.

PAAALEEEEASE. If you don't have a spirited kid, please don't talk to me about schedules and bedtimes, and just lay her down, or just let her cry, or just put her in time out. That stuff does not work with my kid.

Believe me I have reduced myself to trying it all.

All I can do is just love her. Keep my heart open and filled with love and love her through these days. When she finally falls asleep. (which she finally did around 8pm) go take a hot bath with a good book. and pray that tomorrow will be one of the good days.

Any prayers for a good day tomorrow are greatly appreciated!

No comments: