Thursday, December 20, 2007

No paypal at Amazon?

Yesterday was another crazy day. I was finally able to *start* the Christmas shopping ~ kind of~ well that's a whole other story.

My mom, Hanna and I went to Wichita (about an hour drive) to do the shopping. We timed it just right and Hanna napped on the way in. She was a dream the whole day, managed to maintain through all the ins and outs of the carseat.

She finally lost it on the way home and proceeded to SCREAM the entire hour back home. I know there has to be some way to deal with this. Some way to set some boundaries and be able to enforce the boundaries while upholding her self esteem and allowing her to feel her emotions. I know she was frustrated and tired. I was frustrated and tired.

However, driving home with a screaming kid is hard. (and we do it a lot ~ she is either sleeping or screaming in the car ~ again no apparent medium setting on this kid :()

I was reading on an Attachment Parenting list I'm on today about someone else having similar issues and they were referred to the Positive Parenting - Discipline Group over at Yahoo. I stopped by this morning and this looks like exactly what I've been looking for. I firmly believe kids need boundaries and limits, and have been confused about how you do that in conjunction with attachment parenting.

They also provided a long list of recommended reading :) Always a plus for me. As you all know how much I love to read.

So I run over to amazon to check out the recommended books. I found Kids are Worth It: Giving Your Kid the Gift of Inner Discipline and How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk I had them in the shopping cart all ready to go.

I signed in and went to pay, NO PAYPAL!!! What's up with that? Who in this day and age doesn't take paypal?

Most of my income is currently coming through online revenue streams that go directly to my paypal account, so that's where all my money is!! ARGH. It's bad enough I have to wait on shipping to get books these days, now I have to wait to be able to pay?

A friend of mine recently told me about the paypal debit card. It's a mastercard, like any other debit card, but it takes the money from paypal first ~ then you can make your bank account your backup in paypal, so it can also take money straight from your bank account. This is very cool. I applied and they are sending me my card as we speak.

So do I wait for the paypal card to get here, or do I transfer some money into my bank account to be able to pay from there? Which is the lesser/quicker of two evils.

I don't know. Maybe I'll see if the paypal card gets here today, and if it doesn't I'll go ahead and transfer the money. That will take at least 3 days, so it won't be until at least wed I can get the books. Dang, by then I'll probably get a book store gift certificate for Christmas and can just go buy them at the store.

OK rant done.

Maybe I need to read those books for myself. lol.

Anyway, have a great day, and if you've read any of these books or have any other suggestions for positive discipline type books, I'd love to hear 'em!

Happy Thursday!

Jackie Lee :)

No comments: